Monday, September 1, 2008

Suh-weet!

Ugh. So yeah, I've been really busy. So busy that I don't have time to update my frickin' blog. In two months, no less. Well, at the request of friends, here's an update.



I've started a painting of Princess Peach from the Super Mario series. Why Peach? Because she's awesome. And she's full of bright colours, which is something I like. Anyways, the above image is the start of my painting. I've put down a base of pink in acrylics (sorry for the craptastic picture), and drawn over it with a white pencil crayon.



Here's the start of the painting. I've gone ahead and fixed some of the posing. I reworked her eyes and right hand in the drawing stages. I've also started painting the background. I'm using a scumbling technique for this painting, so if the image seems a bit fuzzy, it really isn't. That's the way the painting looks. I'm not looking for realism with this piece, it's more of a colour study/mood study/I felt like it painting.

I guess I'll post more as the painting progresses.

No comments: